AC/DC/IR HIPOT TESTER
MODEL 19070 & 19050 SERIES
Complete Dielectric Testing Solution
The 19050 series electrical safety testers are advanced digital hipot testers with load and line regulation to ensure measurement integrity. Multistep capability allows users to perform multiple tests in sequence, such as AC hipot followed by IR.
The Chroma Hipot Tester 19050 series provides 3 models to choose from.
- The 19052 includes AC/DC/IR Hipot testing and insulation resistance (IR) measurements.
- The 19053 provides 8 scan channels for IR measurement.
- The 19054 provides 4 scan channels for IR measurement in a single compact unit.
The Chroma Hipot Tester 19070 series provides 2 models to choose from.
- The 19071 is for AC Hipot testing.
- The 19073 combines both AC and DC Hipot with insulation resistance (IR) measurements into a single compact unit.
Open Short Check (OSC)
The OSC function is used to check whether the connection is an open circuit between the instrument and the DUT or if there is a breakdown inside the DUT before testing for electrical safety
Flashover (ARC) Detection
The 19070 and 19050 series are sensitive enough to monitor for current spikes even if they do not exceed the maximum trip current level.
Ground Continuity Check (GC)
All of the 19050 series testers have a ground continuity check feature to determine if the resistance between the ground blade of the power cord and any exposed metal on the product is less than 1Ω.
Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI)
GFI is required by the National Electrical Code in wet locations. Such devices automatically interrupt power when a ground current > 0.5mA exists for more than a few milli-seconds to protect users.
In DC hipot and IR tests, the device under test is discharged back through the HV transformer. This technique results in a rapid and safe discharge