The TAKAYA APT-1600FD is the newest Flying Probe System from TAKAYA.
The tester uses ten flying probes to inspect the PCBA’s simultaneously from the top and bottom.
Furthermore the APT-1600FD has a laser height measurement system, uses cameras and LED sensors for optical inspections on both sides of the PCBA, and can considerably speed up the tests with signature analysis. The further improved test speed and the greater test coverage significantly expand the application possibilities of the flying probe test.
The mechanics from the top and the measuring electronics were taken over by the meanwhile proven TAKAYA APT-1400F system.
Thus, the high precision, the contact quality of the probes and the outstanding reliability were inherited.
Depending on the PCB, significant increases in test coverage and productivity are the result.
Goepel Takaya Boundary Scan Integration
TestWay Express is a fully integrated solution that enables electronic manufacturers to optimize the design to delivery flow by:
- Defining the manufacturing line; including a combination of assembly, inspection and test machines.
- Placing test probes intelligently to maximize the coverage and minimize the fixture costs, both initially and in the event of required modifications.
- Estimating the test coverage for each individual strategy using theoretical models and optimize the combined results.
- Generating input files for each test stage that reflects the test options for the selected strategy.
- Measuring the real test coverage by importing the post-debug test program or coverage data.
- Comparing the early estimation with the actual measured test program coverage, identifying gaps in the overall strategy.
The capability to generate lean test programs has particular benefits for the Takaya flying probe tester by:
- Reducing debug time: Machine capability models, automatic test creation algorithms, optimum probe angle selection methods and advanced circuit analysis work together to reduce the amount of machine debug time required after output, thereby increasing machine capacity.
- Increasing Test coverage: Push through technology allows automatic simple cluster testing to increase test coverage through low value resistive components.
- Reducing engineering effort: Automatic component modelisation and intelligent opportunity assessment work together to save engineering time.
- Increasing machine speed: Advanced circuit analysis algorithms allow the creation of tests to target the failure opportunities with no superfluous tests.
- Reducing machine workload: Powerful test coverage analyzers work within the machine capability models to allow the optimization of combined tests across multiple machines, in order to achieve a lean test strategy.
Click here for more information.