The inline inspection system for printed solder paste is characterized by a wide measuring range. Conventional solder pastes with a height of 80 μm to 150 μm can be measured just as well as sinter pastes with a height of only 20 μm. The system is available in various resolution configurations.
The solder paste depots are inspected according to the criteria of shape, height, area, bridges, volume, x/y offset and coplanarity.
The sinter paste inspection also includes the detection of particles, notches, holes and frayings in the depot.
The SPI system is essential for prevention of soldering errors:
- Early fault detection
- detection of paste deposition defects
- assemblies with detected solder paste defects sorted out after paste printing
- Monitoring of stencil printing
- correct position of the solder paste depot
- measures the deposit volumes and volume distribution